Process

I believe every step of the process to be equally important. Each step you take will determine the quality of the next, so in other words if your brainstorming is quickly and sloppily done, and very basic with little thought. Then the next steps you take will most likely be equivalent to the last and so on and so forth.  Truby stated "A good story is a "living" system is which the parts work together to make an integrated whole." ( Truby 108). He goes on describe that each part of the process can be compared to the functions of the human body. Such as the structure being compared to the skeleton, the brain being the theme of the story, etc. This theory is brilliant to me, it makes so much sense because to be it is true. You cannot have something that will thrive beautifully without having them all flowing coherently and fluidly together. 

As for adding any new steps to my process, I do not plan to. I any very content of the steps I have planned out for my final piece. I do think that my time management could be improved. I have always had issues with my timing of projects. I know it is an extremely important factor to any project, and more so mostly everything in general. Time can make or break you in this world. 




Truby, John. The Anatomy of Story. 1st ed., Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2007.  

Comments